ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR ANNAMALAI MBA ASSIGNMENT ANSWER SHEETS PROVIDED WHATSAPP 91 9924764558
DR. PRASANTH MBA PH.D. DME MOBILE / WHATSAPP: +91 9924764558 OR +91 9447965521 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org WEBSITE: www.casestudyandprojectreports.com
DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
M.B.A. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Academic Year 2018 – 2019
This booklet contains assignment topics. Students are asked to write the
assignments for EIGHT papers as per instructions.
Last date for submission : 28-02-2019
Last date for submission with late fee ` 300/- : 15-03-2019
1. Assignments sent after 15-03-2019 will not be evaluated.
2. Assignments should be in the own hand writing of the student concerned and
not type-written or printed or photocopied.
3. Assignments should be written on A4 paper on one side only.
4. All assignments (with Enrolment number marked on the Top right hand corner
on all pages) should be put in an envelop with superscription “MBA
Assignments” and sent to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education,
Annamalai University, Annamalainagar – 608 002 by Registered post.
5. No notice will be taken on assignments which are not properly filled in with
Enrolment Number and the Title of the papers.
6. Students should send full set of assignments for all papers. Partial
assignments will not be considered.
Write assignments on any TWO topics in each paper out of the FOUR. For each
topic the answer should not exceed 15–pages. Each assignment carries 25 marks
DR. M. ARUL
1.1 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
1. Management can be defined as “a process of bringing about improvement in
knowledge, skill, habit and attitudes of the employees in an organization”.
2. “Decision making is the most critical managerial task.” Discuss the above
statement in light of decision-making process.
3. Select a business or political leader whom you admire, and identify his or her
style of leading by applying the managerial grid or the continuum-of-behaviour
model of Tannenbaum and Schmidt.
4. ‟The only planning tool we need in the company is the budget .If everyone meets
his or her budget, we need nothing else, and management by objectives would
be an unnecessary frill”. Comment.
1.2 INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING
1. “All of us know that the total of the both sides of the Trail balance and Balance
sheet are must be matched, however in many occasions total of the two sides of
the statements may not be matched because of several reasons.” Discuss.
2. “Cost – Volume Profit (CVP) analysis is well known as well as most useful
analytical tool for assessing and comparing the benefits derived by the user of
the product or service against what they are paying.” Comment.
3. “Preparation of cash budget is helpful to resolve many systematic questions of an
organization, however in very few occasions the cash budget is failed to detect
uneven cash flows.” why and how?– Discuss.
4. “As a financial analyst, how would you address and resolve the various issues
involved in international financial statements analysis?” – Explain.
1.3 INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS
1. Discuss India’s balance of payment position since 2000 and adjustments
mechanism adopted by India.
2. Explain the theory of customs union on its relevance to developing countries.
3. Critically discuss the monetary approach to the balance of payment problem.
4. Discuss the methods adopted for foreign exchange control.
1.4 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
1. Why do Firms go International? Discuss the Problems Faced by MNC’S in
introducing new Product.
2. Do you think that study of international business environment is relevant for the
manager? If yes (or) No, Justify your views and Discuss the economic and
financial environment of international business.
3. Judge how the business and cultural environment shape the behavior of a
organization of your choice.
4. Is your firm home-region oriented, Bi-region oriented or host-region oriented or
global, according to Vugman and Verdeke’s criteria? Show how you reach your
1.5 FOREIGN POLICY OF INDIA
1. What are some of the major factors that have influenced the yen/dollar
exchange rate in the past decade? Have different factors become more important
at different times? It so, which ones?
2. “Major global powers influenced the foreign policy of India – New India is
gradually gaining momentum to influence the foreign polices of major powers”
3. India’s role in the development of Bangladesh and Srilanka is noteworthy. But
their attitude towards India is not encouraging. What goes wrong? How such
problems can be solved?
4. Analyze the following issues related to India’s foreign policy.
A. China – India Border Issue.
B. Pakistan – India Border issue.
C. India’s claim for permanent seat in the UN Security Council..
1.6 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND E-COMMERCE
1. Information technology is moving towards maturity? Do you agree or disagree?
Justify your views.
2. Give some examples of IT dependencies that are likely to be found in a strategy
but cannot be resolved through the iterative process. How can the effects of
dependencies external to the firm are mitigated.
3. Assume you are the manager of a department in which each of your employees
has a workstation interconnected to all other in the department through a LAN.
The LAN itself is connected to the firm’s central processing facility. Discuss the
important factors that would be involved in the recovery management process
for your department.
4. System control and availability must across the boundary dividing manual and
automated processes. Using the account payable program as an example.
Discuss the shift in responsibility at the interface.
1.7 COMMUNICATION FOR GLOBAL MANAGERS
1. “Ineffective communication is the fault of the sender.” Do you agree or disagree?
Discuss. Explain how ineffective communication disturb doing business globally.
2. Narrate the features of different types of reports. Present the structure of
scientific report. Prepare a report to highlight the ever increasing rate of attrition
in the organization.
3. Draft a speech on “Business Ethics” to be delivered in a meeting of Chamber of
Commerce and industry at Chennai.
4. Make out a new report concerning untapped potentials in the handicrafts sector
of your country thought which there will be a scope to mobilize Foreign
1.8 ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
1. Understanding the basic concepts of Organizational Behaviour prepare a
Behavioural frame work for a newly established IT company in Chennai. –
Student can imagine the size and turnover of the industry.
2. To understand the importance of the concepts personality, perception, and
attitude of employees in an organization, prepare an interview schedule,
conduct an interview with 2-3 executives of any one organization and present
3. After listing out the qualities and theories of leadership, have a discussion with
one or two world leaders of your choice and present the outcome.
4. Identify a suitable case to understand Organizational Culture, analyze the case
and present it with issues and strategies.
M.B.A.[I.B.] – 1ST YEAR – Assignment – AUP/551/C-350
ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY PRESS 2018 -2019