MBA ASSIGNMENT ANSWER SHEETS ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY AVAILABLE WHATAPP 91 9924764558
DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
M.B.A. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Academic Year 2019 – 2020
1.1 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
1. Management is said to have universal application. How do you justify the
Universality of Management? Give examples to illustrate your arguments.
2. “The importance of strategic planning is now fully realized by the Indian
corporate sector than before”- Discuss
3. Explain about the personal challenges involved in becoming a manager and a
leader in today’s turbulent environment.
4. Without effective management the resources will remain as resources cannot be
converted into productive utilities – Do you agree? Give reasons.
1.2 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
1. What is market segmentation? What are the different ways of segmentation?
Suggest the segmentation strategy for the following products: edible oil, table
top wet grinder and business magazine.
2. What strategies you would recommend to be followed during the four stages of
PLC? Identify one product and one service for each stage in the PLC. Give
reasons for your answer.
3. What are the objectives of pricing strategies? Discuss the merits of different
pricing techniques that you would recommend for the following products.
Laptop, Sports utility vehicle, designer tiles.
4. Do you think that social media advertisements would kill all other traditional
media? Discuss your answer with proper justification. Also explain under what
circumstances online advertisements would be highly recommended.
1.3 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
1. It is usual to declare good dividends when the company is making good
profit. It is profitable for companies not to declare any dividend even when
they are making good profits. What will be the reaction of the shareholders?
2. “In managing working capital the finance manager faces the problem of
compromising the conflicting goals of liquidity and profitability”. –Comment.
What strategy should the finance manager develop to solve this problem?
3. Design an appropriate capital structure which yield more profitability for a
service industry. Illustrate your answer with the help of EBIT-EPS analysis.
4. “The success of a business concern depends upon the way in which it’s
earnings are computed, distributed and retained”- Comment on this
1.4 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
1. Elaborate the role of SAP software applications on supply chain management.
2. As an automobile production manager, how will you take Make or Buy decision
in your unit?
3. “Spending Money for Maintenance is waste” – Discuss.
4. Describe the steps in ISO quality certification process by any Agency in India.
1.5 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. “Human resource planning is a pre-requisite for effective management of human
resources”. In the light of this statement, analyse the significance of human
2. Explain a sample HR departmental structure for a large manufacturing
organization and explain the functions.
3. You are appointed as HR manager for a mid size leather company which is new.
Now you are asked to fix pay scale for the employees. Explain your process of
4. Performance Appraisal System helps employees to identify the areas in which
they need to improve – Do You agree or disagree? Justify with the suitable
1.6 STATISTICS FOR MANAGERS
1. Develop a research problem that requires the use of discriminate analysis. Use
‘entered college’ ‘did not enter college’ as dependent variables. Discuss with
2. A Statistical survey is a scientific process of collection and analysis of
numerical data. Explain the stages of statistical survey. Describe the various
methods for collecting data in a statistical survey.
3. Two groups of 100 people each were taken for testing the use of vaccine.
15 persons contracted the disease out of the inoculated persons, while
25 contracted the disease in the other group. Test the efficiency of the vaccine,
use X square value (at 5 percent level for one degree of freedom the value of
X square = 3.82)
4. A panel of two judges P and Q graded seven dramatic performance by
independently awarding marks as follows
Performance: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Marks by P: 46 42 44 40 43 41 45
Marks by Q 40 38 36 35 39 37 41
The eighth performance, for which judge Q could not attend, was awarded 37
marks by judge P. If judge Q has also been present, how many marks would be
expected to have been awarded by him to the eighth performance?
1.7 MANAGERIAL COMMUNICATION
1. You have recently joined a branch of a Bank as its manager. Write a report to the
head office on the short falls in the routine work of the branch.
2. Design an Agenda and Minutes of an annual general body meeting. (Assume your
own choice of company)
3. Explain the process of designing and developing oral presentation. Also, prepare a
five minutes presentation to address your managers on any matter of your choice.
4. Develop a complaint letter as a dealer to the manufacturer about the replacements
of defective products. Highlight the complaints pointed out by the customers
regarding the products.
1.8 ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
1. Prepare an interview schedule for the concept Personality and its components,
conduct an interview with a few executives of any one organization known to
you and present the results with critical analysis.
2. To highlight the concept, components, process, and importance of Groups in an
organization prepare a role play script and explain group dynamics.
3. After listing out the qualities and theories of leadership view YouTube on
executive leadership and present the outcome of your perception on leadership.
4. Make telephone calls to your friends and seniors working in various
organizations and collect information about their Organizational Culture,
analyze them and present them with issues and strategies.
M.B.A. Assignment/ HRM/ 1ST YEAR/AUP/ 709/ C-2000
ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY PRESS 2019 -20