INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ANNAMALAI MBA ASSIGNMENT ANSWER PROVIDED WHATSAPP 91 9924764558
DR. PRASANTH MBA PH.D. DME MOBILE / WHATSAPP: +91 9924764558 OR +91 9447965521 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org WEBSITE: www.casestudyandprojectreports.com
DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
M.B.A. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Academic Year 2018 – 2019
This booklet contains assignment topics. Students are asked to write the
assignments for SIX papers as per instructions, those who have opted Project and
Students are asked to write the assignments for the EIGHT Papers as per
instruction those who have opted Two Theory Papers (2.7.1 & 2.7.2) as specialisation.
Last date for submission: 28-02-2019
Last date for submission with late fee ` 300/-: 15-03-2019
1. Assignments sent after 15-03-2019 will not be evaluated.
2. Assignments should be in the own hand writing of the student concerned
and not type-written or printed or photocopied.
3. Assignments should be written on A4 paper on one side only.
4. All assignments (with Enrolment number marked on the Top right hand
corner on all pages) should be put in an envelop with superscription “MBA
Assignments” and sent to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education,
Annamalai University, Annamalainagar – 608 002 by Registered post.
5. No notice will be taken on assignments which are not properly filled in with
Enrolment Number and the Title of the papers.
6. Students should send full set of assignments for all papers. Partial
assignments will not be considered.
Write assignments on any TWO topics in each paper out of the FOUR. For
each topic the answer should not exceed 15–pages. Each assignment carries
25 marks (2 topics).
DR. M. ARUL
2.1 INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. How does the environment concerning human resource management in India
vary from that of developed countries? Elaborate.
2. Manpower planning is considered as the most primary and important task of HR
department internationally. Why is it not so in India? Also discuss the
consequences of not planning manpower requirements.
3. Your Organisation is a multinational company based at India. Simultaneously
three executives looking after three geographical area decides to quit. The top
Management is asking you to conduct the exit interview for those tendered their
resignation. How would you organize the exit interview? Will you impress upon
them to continue? If “Yes” why? If “No” Why Not?
4. Oil Refinery Company in Riyadh is recruiting supervisory staff for its refinery
operation. Suggest suitable recruiting process for the company.
2.2 INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT
1. “Major environmental influences always have an impact on International
marketing” – Discuss the above statement with recent live examples.
2. Discuss briefly, modes to enter international market and recommend mode of
entry and its implications for success of a new product across multiple markets.
3. “Modern marketing concept is applicable to all business organisations
irrespective of their size or nature of the goods or services marketed”- Do you
agree or disagree? Give your justification.
4. Branding is hot topic in board rooms around the world because most CEOs
recognise that the strong brand is a powerful driver in shareholder value. In this
connection, what are the key elements that contribute to brand equity? Is it
possible to quantify brand equity? If so How? Give recent examples.
2.3 INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
1. Discuss the foreign exchange market, procedure for quotation and arbitrage.
Narrate current situation of Euro currency and Euro Credit.
2. Elaborate the different criteria and difficulties in evaluating foreign projects
while making international investment decision for developing countries
3. Critically evaluate the International Financial Market Instruments. Discuss the
internal and external techniques of risk involved in the International Business.
4. What do you understand by International Portfolio Investment? Critically
evaluate the key elements of taxation with suitable examples.
2.4 LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
1. Mr. Sarath, CEO of a Multinational company has decided to construct a
warehouse in the central part of the India. He approaches you for designing the
warehouse. Counsel Mr. Sarath in designing the warehouse with different sizes
and shapes and explain its relationship with material-handling system. Suggest
the reason for constructing different designs of warehouses by explaining its
advantages and disadvantages.
2. Mr. Puneeth has recently opened a logistical service agency. When he enters into
the business, many agencies face different legal problems related to logistical
operations. Mr. Puneeth does not know how to run the business without any
legal problem. As a logistical legal consultant, advise Mr. Puneeth about various
transport regulations to overcome legal problems.
3. You are assigned the position of Chief Manager in a logistics company located at
Mumbai. You have customers across globe. Your responsibility is to collect the
goods from various sources and export it from the nearest port. How do you do
the operation, and explain the problems you may face during the logistical
4. “Supply chain management is need of the hour for current business scenario” –
Substantiate your views for the above statement by explaining the real time
success stories of any three business firms of your choice.
2.5 GLOBAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
1. AMUL is the India’s largest food products organization and the market
leader in whole milk, condensed milk, milk powder, butter, cheese, ice
cream, dairy whitener and sweets. “Amul-Diversifying for Growth” looks at
how the co-operative integrated approach adopted by Amul has been
successfully used to dominate the dairy products market and how it is
utilizing its strong brand name to diversify into non-dairy products,
processed foods, and other products. Discuss.
2. India’s strict regulations against allowing FDI in retail sector prevent the
entry of the foreign retailers to our country. Discuss the attempt of foreign
retailers to enter the land of opportunities through different strategies.
3. Explain the Leadership Re-organization. Discuss about Wipro’s Co-CEO
model. Will Wipro achieve what it set out to do by appointing Co-CEOs?
4. Transformation of an Indian Family Business into a globally competitive
Firm: Illustrate how companies from emerging market like Mahindra &
Mahindra (M&M) from India are competing globally by leveraging on their
2.6 INTERNATIONAL TRADE POLICIES AND DOCUMENTATION
1. Briefly explain the Export and Import policy (2002-2017) of India. Identify the
gains and losses of those policies.
2. Enumerate the procedures to establish a new Export Oriented Units and explain
the terms of shipment and processing of export order.
3. Elucidate the risks involved in export and also discuss about the export
incentives and Duty exemption schemes for importing capital goods.
4. Elaborate the impact of current monetary policies on India’s International trade.
2.7.1 INTERNATIONAL MARKETING RESEARCH AND CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
1. A company manufacturing electronic goods wants to know how best it can
satisfy its potential buyers in the Asian market. Give your suggestions for
formulating an appropriate marketing research proposal.
2. According to your understanding, is the process of product research is
important in International marketing? Justify.
3. Discuss the major ethical issues in International marketing with three
4. Assume you are appointed as a marketing head in a leading FMCG company in
India. As part of the development process the company wants to expand its
business operations internationally to its neighboring countries. You are given
the task as following. a) Identifying the market and its segmentation b) Studying
the consumer behavior c) Do product research d) Examining the market
opportunities. Narrate your role to carry out the above task by doing market
2.7.2 EXPORT AND IMPORT FINANCE
1. Line of Credit is a short term sources of finance for exporter & importer – will
you accept? Explain with examples.
2. Inflation rate as well as interest rates will affect the value of currency rates –
Discuss and also explain the reasons for variation of the inflation rate.
3. “Export incentives are major factors to encourage the EXIM business”- Do you
agree? Explain with suitable examples.
4. “Credit Insurance agencies will help the exporter & importer in financial
payments” – Prove it.
M.B.A. [I.B.] – 2ND YEAR – Assignment – AUP/551/C-350
ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY PRESS – 2018 -2019