BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT XAVIER INSTITUTE EXAM ANSWER SHEETS PROVIDED
DR. PRASANTH MBA PH.D. DME MOBILE / WHATSAPP: +91 9924764558 OR +91 9447965521 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org WEBSITE: www.casestudyandprojectreports.com
Note: Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks
1. Discuss the changing scenario of business environment in India and its principal implications for the business.
2. (a) Explain the dualistic character of Indian economy and the problem of uneven income distribution.
(b) Outline the development of consumer movement in India.
3. (a) Write notes on (i) adjudication machinery for settlement of disputes, and (ii) Employees Pension Scheme, 1995.
(b) Enumerate the powers of the Central Government to control production, supply and distribution of essential commodities under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
4. Describe the important amendments proposed under the Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2003 and the additions proposed thereto by lrani Panel.
5. (a) Can SEBI compel a public company to get its securities listed on the stock exchanges while making a public issue? On what grounds can the listed securities be delisted by a stock exchange? State the rules in this regard.
(b) “The role of stock exchanges in India need not be over – emphasized”. Comment.
6. Describe the evolution of the concept of corporate governance and outline the various measures adopted in India to ensure good corporate governance.
7. Make a critical assessment of New Economic Policy keeping in view the long term objectives of economic development.
8. (a) What are the objectives of EXIM policy 2002 – 07? Explain its main provisions.
(b) Write an explanatory note on functions and coverage of WTO.
9. Distinguish between the following:
(a) Micro Environment and Macro Environment
(b) Economic Growth and Economic Development
(c) Money Market and Capital Market
(d) Entrepreneurship, Role and Promotional Role of Government
I. Answer ANY FIVE questions.
II. All questions carry 20 marks each.
III. Total numbers of questions are EIGHT.
Q.1. Write short notes on ANY TWO of the following
b. Task and processes in formulating business strategy
c. TQM Philosophy
d. Characteristics of well formulated corporate objectives
Q.2. Describe Vision and Mission statements with suitable illustrations. What is the difference between vision and mission? How does business definition help in articulating the Mission statement?
Q.3. Describe Porter’s five forces model to analyse competition with reference to light commercial vehicle industry.
Q.4. Describe the GE multifactor portfolio matrix and state how the GE matrix is superior tool Vis a Vis the BCG matrix.
Q.5. a) Describe Ansoff’s matrix
b) What is the difference between market penetration and market development? Illustrate with suitable examples.
Q.6. What is “Best cost provider” strategy? What are the risks in pursuing this strategy?
Q.7. What strategic options a firm could follow when the firm is operating in a maturing industry?
Q.8. Describe the role of strategy supportive reward system with suitable illustrations.
Xaviers Institute of Business Management Studies
MANAGEMENT CONTROL SYSTEMS
Note: Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain the various components of control systems.
2. Explain the following models and highlight their usefulness in formulating business unit strategies:
(a) The BCG Model
(b) General Electric (GE) Planning Model
3. Explain the boundary conditions in the context of profit centre. Also explain the process of performance measurement of profit centers.
4. What do you understand by Investment Centres? Explain the methods used for measuring investment centre performance.
5. What do you mean by budgetary control system? Explain the process of budgetary control in an organization.
6. Describe the criteria on which the incentives of business unit managers are decided.
7. What are the various special control issues faced by Multi National Corporations?
8. What are the characteristics of a project organization? Explain how these characteristics affect the control system design of a project.