ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY MBA INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ASSIGNMENT ANSWER SHEETS PROVIDED WHATSAPP 91 9924764558
DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
M.B.A. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Academic Year : 2019 – 2020
1.1 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
1. Management is said to have universal application. How do you justify the
Universality of Management? Give examples to illustrate your arguments.
2. “The importance of strategic planning is now fully realized by the Indian
corporate sector than before”- Discuss
3. Explain about the personal challenges involved in becoming a manager and a
leader in today’s turbulent environment.
4. Without effective management the resources will remain as resources cannot be
converted into productive utilities – Do you agree? Give reasons.
1.2 INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING
1. “Cost volume profit analysis is an important analysis which is commonly applied
by the irresponsive of industries”. Do you accept? What are your comments
towards this statement? Discuss.
2. Inflation is a key factor and it must be duly considered while preparing all sorts
of budgets”. Do you agree? Justify your stand with your valuable inputs.
3. “There is a vast amount of practical gap on application of accounting practices
between Domestic and International Accounting”. Comment on this with your
valuable supportive arguments.
4. “Several issues are existing in International Financial statement Analysis and at
the same time many meaningful unlocking tools are there”. What is your
opinion? Comment on this.
1.3 INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS
1. Do you find any correlations among Oil, Gold and exchange rates in terms of
their price change? Explain the interaction among them in the international
2. Compare the benefits of liberalization with globalization, which influence the
economic growth of India in last two decades.
3. Whether under developed countries in WTO succeed their demands? Justify
your views with strong reasons.
4. Can you say that the modern theory of HECKSHER & OHLIN applies to the
Indian Economy in the post or pre-liberalization? Illustrate with supporting
1.4 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
1. “Knowledge of International Business Environment is essential for the players of
International Business” – Elaborate with an example of multinational company.
2. “When is the time deemed to be the essence of the contract in performance of
contract and with what consequences? Pinch out the rules of law relating to the
time and place of performance in modern business environment.
3. “The effect of country’s political system on its business environment and
4. “India’s competitive advantage in industries like IT, Textiles, Gems and jewellery
–Strength and Threats”. Illustrate the statement.
1.5 FOREIGN POLICY OF INDIA
1. “Trends in foreign trade and the composition of imports and exports along with
its composition over the past years” – Discuss
2. Discuss India’s participation in UN peace keeping and its claim for a permanent
seat in the Security Council
3. Analyse the relevance of non-alignment in the post cold war period
4. In what way India’s foreign policy is instrumental/detrimental for the promotion
of India’s international trade? Illustrate your answer
1.6 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND E-COMMERCE
1. Give an example of e-learning system implemented in India. Identify the
hardware, software and personal requirement for purpose of implementation of
such an educational system.
2. Discuss the security requirements of internet and Ecommerce application and
how these requirements are fulfilled by various hardware and software systems.
3. Compare and contrast the traditional business with electronic commerce in an
4. Once a company has acquired customer, the key to maximizing revenue is
keeping them. Explain how e-commerce is helpful in customer retention?
1.7 COMMUNICATION FOR GLOBAL MANAGERS
1. “For productive business meetings, listening and non verbal communication
skills are the key attributes”. Explain with appropriate examples.
2. “A cry of agony is more powerful than the tale of woe”. Elaborate this statement
in the context of Non-verbal communication. State the positive and negative
gesture in non-verbal communication.
3. Elucidate the measures that have to be considered in managing the cross
cultural communication with examples.
4. “Pen is mightier than sword”. Explain this statement, elaborating the strength
of written communication.
1.8 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
1. Prepare an interview schedule for the concept Personality and its components,
conduct an interview with a few executives of any one organization known to
you and present the results with critical analysis.
2. To highlight the concept, components, process, and importance of Groups in an
organization prepare a role play script and explain group dynamics.
3. After listing out the qualities and theories of leadership view YouTube on
executive leadership and present the outcome of your perception on leadership.
4. Make telephone calls to your friends and seniors working in various
organizations and collect information about their Organizational Culture,
analyze them and present them with issues and strategies.
M.B.A. – 1ST Year – Assignment- AUP/709/C-350
ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY PRESS 2019 – 2020
DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
M.B.A. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Academic Year : 2019 – 2020
This booklet contains assignment topics. Students are asked to write the
assignments for SIX papers as per instructions, those who have opted Project and
Students are asked to write the assignments for the EIGHT Papers as per
instruction those who have opted Two Theory Papers as specialization.
Last date for submission: 28.02.2020
Last date for submission with late fee ` 300/- : 16.03.202015-03-2019
1. Assignments sent after 16.03.2020 will not be evaluated.
2. Assignments should be in the own handwriting of the student concerned and
not type-written or printed or photocopied.
3. Assignments should be written on A4 paper on one side only.
4. All assignments (with Enrolment number marked on the Top right hand corner
on all pages) should be put in an envelop with superscription “MBA
Assignments” and sent to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education,
Annamalai University, Annamalainagar – 608 002 by Registered post.
5. No notice will be taken on assignments which are not properly filled in with
Enrolment Number and the Title of the papers.
6. Students should send full set of assignments for all papers. Partial
assignments will not be considered.
Write assignments on any TWO topics in each paper out of the FOUR. For each
Topic the answer should not exceed 15 – pages. Each assignment carries 25 marks
(2 topics). You are expected to write two topics for every subject.
Dr. M. ARUL
2.1 INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. Assume yourself as a managing director of a multinational corporation; what
are the measuring tools you will utilize to evaluate the impacts of inter country
differences on HRM? Justify your views with appropriate examples.
2. Place yourself in the position of being the head of HR department, how might
formally written job description help you to manage your work unit? What
would happen if your company decided not to use any job description at all?
3. What steps do you propose to take in case of a lay off caused by
(a) Seasonal fluctuations in demand
(b) Corporate restructuring
(c) Breakdown of machinery and equipment.
4. Give some examples of situation in which you wanted to do a great job but were
prevented from doing so. What was the impact on you, and what would this
suggest to you in your efforts to motivate other people to perform
2.2 INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT
1. How Domestic Marketing is different from global marketing? What factors
caused the growth of Internationalism since World War II? Discuss in Detail.
2. Explain the Different methods used by a researcher in conducting research in
an International Environment? Which method can be most effective while
collecting data about brand loyalty and why?
3. In general where do you think McDonald’s stands in the range of
standardization in terms of its global marketing?
4. Amazon.com has been an early winner in the on-line book business. Which
market segment has Amazon served? Are the Amazon target market segments
in the United States and the rest of the world identical?
2.3 INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
1. Understand the factors that affect exchange rates in the short and long run and
how disequilibrium may occur in the exchange rate market
2.”In the absence of a common currency throughout the world, a series of problems
arise in International cash management.” What are these problems? How can
these problems be overcome?
3. An export company wants to raise capital from international markets. What are
the basic considerations the firm should take into account while making this
international financing decision? Explain
4. “An alterative to investing in foreign stock is to invest in the shares of domestic
MNCs”. – Discuss. Are MNCs likely to provide a reasonable substitute for
International portfolio investment?
2.4 LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
1. In today’s business environment, what (in your opinion) are the most important
responsibilities of a logistics manager in overcoming competition? Support your
2. “Many innovations on technology-based approaches are well-suited to the
enhancement of the effectiveness of Supply Chain Management”-Justify the
statement by giving few applications of information technology in SCM.
3. “Companies are giving more importance to supply chain while deriving business
strategy” – Substantiate your views with suitable examples in International
4. As tough competition is going on in the market in all the fields, device
strategies to face competition of chain of stores like Big Bazaar. Explain
your views based on logistics management.
2.5 GLOBAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
1. McDonalds Expansion strategies in India: Whether beefing up or Beefless?
Substantiate your views and give suggestions as Management consultant.
2. There are number of strategies being practiced or followed by companies
globally. Still Recession takes place. In this context, do you suggest new
strategy or you face the recession with the existing strategies. How? Explain.
3. “Strategic planning deals with formulating, implementing and evaluating
strategies to perform the cross functional decision of the company” Do you
agree or disagree? Substantiate your views.
4. Discuss the age diversity issues at Ashok Leyland Limited (ALL), India’s second
largest commercial vehicle manufacturers. Explain how can eliminate this issue
2.6 INTERNATIONAL TRADE POLICIES AND DOCUMENTATION
1. Elucidate the export and import financing schemes provided by the
2. “BOT has a clear and dynamic role in advising government on relevant issues
connected with foreign trade” – Discuss.
3. Exports made on re-export basis shall not be counted for reorganization, why?
4. “Permissible credits in the EEFC.” –Discuss.
2.7.1: INTERNATIONAL MARKETING RESEARCH AND CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
1. Design an international marketing research for a multinational company
2. Identify the principal methods that companies might use in assessing and
reviewing opportunities across international markets. Suggest alternate means
by which firms can prioritise and segment international markets.
3. How can you draw a strategy canvas for a software company for international
positioning of its products and services?
4. How do social and cultural influence the impact on international consumer
2.7.2 EXPORT & IMPORT FINANCE
1. Pre-shipment credit will help the exporter in Indian scenario – Discuss.
2. Inflation rate as well as interest rates will affect the value of currency rates –
3. “Export incentives are major factors to encourage the EXIM business”- Are you
4. “Credit Insurance agencies will help the exporter & importer in financial
payments” – prove it.
M.B.A. Assignment /IB/ 2nd Year/ AUP/ 709/C-400
ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY PRESS 2019 -20