ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY MBA FIRST YEAR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ANSWERS
FOR DETAILED ANSWERS WHATSAPP ME IN 9924764558 OR EMAIL ME
DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
M.B.A. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Academic Year : 2019 – 2020
1.1 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
1. Management is said to have universal application. How do you justify the
Universality of Management? Give examples to illustrate your arguments.
Managing is necessary whenever one needs to get things done.
It may be called the practice of consciously and continually shaping organizations.
Every organization has people who are assigned the responsibility of serving the organization to achieve its goals.
Management is a universal phenomenon in the sense that it is a common and essential element in all enterprises. Every group effort requires setting objectives, making plans, handling people, co-coordinating and controlling activities, achieving goals and evaluating performance directed towards organizational goals.
These activities relate to the utilization of 4 types of inputs or resources from the environment—human, monetary, physical, and informational.
Human resources include managerial talent, labor, and so forth. Monetary resources are the financial capital the organization uses to finance both ongoing and long-term operations.
Physical resources include raw materials, office and production facilities, and equipment. Information resources are data and other kinds of information utilized by the organization.
The job of the manager is to combine and coordinate these resources to achieve the organization’s goals.
2. “The importance of strategic planning is now fully realized by the Indian
corporate sector than before”- Discuss
Strategic planning means planning for making and implementing strategies to achieve organisational goals. It starts by asking oneself simple questions like : What are we doing, should we continue to do it or change our product line or the way of working, what is the impact of social, political, technological and other environmental factors on our operations, are we prepared to accept these changes etc.
Strategic planning helps in knowing where we are and where we want to go so that environmental threats and opportunities can be exploited, given the strengths and weaknesses of the organisation. Strategic planning is “a thorough self-examination regarding the goals and means of their accomplishment so that the enterprise is given both direction and cohesion.”
3. Explain about the personal challenges involved in becoming a manager and a
leader in today’s turbulent environment.
4. Without effective management the resources will remain as resources cannot be
converted into productive utilities – Do you agree? Give reasons.
1.2 INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING
1. “Cost volume profit analysis is an important analysis which is commonly applied
by the irresponsive of industries”. Do you accept? What are your comments
towards this statement? Discuss.
2. Inflation is a key factor and it must be duly considered while preparing all sorts
of budgets”. Do you agree? Justify your stand with your valuable inputs.
3. “There is a vast amount of practical gap on application of accounting practices
between Domestic and International Accounting”. Comment on this with your
valuable supportive arguments.
4. “Several issues are existing in International Financial statement Analysis and at
the same time many meaningful unlocking tools are there”. What is your
opinion? Comment on this.
1.3 INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS
1. Do you find any correlations among Oil, Gold and exchange rates in terms of
their price change? Explain the interaction among them in the international
2. Compare the benefits of liberalization with globalization, which influence the
economic growth of India in last two decades.
3. Whether under developed countries in WTO succeed their demands? Justify
your views with strong reasons.
4. Can you say that the modern theory of HECKSHER & OHLIN applies to the
Indian Economy in the post or pre-liberalization? Illustrate with supporting
1.4 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
1. “Knowledge of International Business Environment is essential for the players of
International Business” – Elaborate with an example of multinational company.
2. “When is the time deemed to be the essence of the contract in performance of
contract and with what consequences? Pinch out the rules of law relating to the
time and place of performance in modern business environment.
3. “The effect of country’s political system on its business environment and
4. “India’s competitive advantage in industries like IT, Textiles, Gems and jewellery
–Strength and Threats”. Illustrate the statement.
1.5 FOREIGN POLICY OF INDIA
1. “Trends in foreign trade and the composition of imports and exports along with
its composition over the past years” – Discuss
2. Discuss India’s participation in UN peace keeping and its claim for a permanent
seat in the Security Council
3. Analyse the relevance of non-alignment in the post cold war period
4. In what way India’s foreign policy is instrumental/detrimental for the promotion
of India’s international trade? Illustrate your answer
1.6 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND E-COMMERCE
1. Give an example of e-learning system implemented in India. Identify the
hardware, software and personal requirement for purpose of implementation of
such an educational system.
2. Discuss the security requirements of internet and Ecommerce application and
how these requirements are fulfilled by various hardware and software systems.
3. Compare and contrast the traditional business with electronic commerce in an
4. Once a company has acquired customer, the key to maximizing revenue is
keeping them. Explain how e-commerce is helpful in customer retention?
1.7 COMMUNICATION FOR GLOBAL MANAGERS
1. “For productive business meetings, listening and non verbal communication
skills are the key attributes”. Explain with appropriate examples.
2. “A cry of agony is more powerful than the tale of woe”. Elaborate this statement
in the context of Non-verbal communication. State the positive and negative
gesture in non-verbal communication.
3. Elucidate the measures that have to be considered in managing the cross
cultural communication with examples.
4. “Pen is mightier than sword”. Explain this statement, elaborating the strength
of written communication.
1.8 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
1. Prepare an interview schedule for the concept Personality and its components,
conduct an interview with a few executives of any one organization known to
you and present the results with critical analysis.
2. To highlight the concept, components, process, and importance of Groups in an
organization prepare a role play script and explain group dynamics.
3. After listing out the qualities and theories of leadership view YouTube on
executive leadership and present the outcome of your perception on leadership.
As a leader, it’s important to be aware of your own perceptual biases and shortcuts. However, as difficult as these may be to overcome, you can always mitigate their impacts by being aware of how bias informs your perceptions and avoid jumping to conclusions.
In terms of effective leadership, recognising the impact of bias is extremely important as perceptual errors can lead to poor decision-making. This means you can never truly understand others if you don’t start by developing your own self-awareness.
To better understand yourself and others, it’s important to be aware that there are a number of sources of perceptual error, including:
- not collecting enough information
- using irrelevant information
- seeing only what we want and expect to see
- allowing early information to affect perception of later information
- allowing one’s own characteristics to affect the way we perceive others
- accepting stereotypes uncritically.
4. Make telephone calls to your friends and seniors working in various
organizations and collect information about their Organizational Culture,
analyze them and present them with issues and strategies.