ADVERTISING XIBMS EXAM ANSWER SHEETS PROVIDED
DR. PRASANTH MBA PH.D. DME MOBILE / WHATSAPP: +91 9924764558 OR +91 9447965521 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org WEBSITE: www.casestudyandprojectreports.com
PART – A (10 x 5 = 50)
Answer Any FIVE Questions
1. What is Advertising? Discuss its objectives and point out the problems of advertising in India.
2. How is Advertising effectiveness tested?
3. What are the important features of an Advertisement Copy?
4. Discuss the essential features of a sound advertising policy.
5. Mention the functions of an advertising agency.
6. Examine the function to be considered in the selection of Media for advertising.
7. What is sales promotion? Why it is importance in marketing industrial product?
8. Distinguish between Coupon and Sampling.
9. What are the factors governing basic Promotional strategy?
10. Outline the different methods of providing discounts in the selling process.
PART – B (2 x 15 = 30)
Answer Any TWO Questions
11. “Advertising Sells Product”. Do you agree with this statement? Give reasons and explain the functions performed by advertising.
12. “The success of Advertisement campaign depends on proper selection of Media” – Discuss.
13. “Advertising brings long-term benefits but Sales promotion is for quicker result”. Explain with an example.
14. Analyze the distinctive features of various elements of the Promotional mix. Illustrate with a suitable example.
15. Outline the different methods of providing discounts in the selling process.
Xaviers Institute of Business Management Studies
Note: Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks
1. Discuss the changing scenario of business environment in India and its principal implications for the business.
2. (a) Explain the dualistic character of Indian economy and the problem of uneven income distribution.
(b) Outline the development of consumer movement in India.
3. (a) Write notes on (i) adjudication machinery for settlement of disputes, and (ii) Employees Pension Scheme, 1995.
(b) Enumerate the powers of the Central Government to control production, supply and distribution of essential commodities under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
4. Describe the important amendments proposed under the Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2003 and the additions proposed thereto by lrani Panel.
5. (a) Can SEBI compel a public company to get its securities listed on the stock exchanges while making a public issue? On what grounds can the listed securities be delisted by a stock exchange? State the rules in this regard.
(b) “The role of stock exchanges in India need not be over – emphasized”. Comment.
6. Describe the evolution of the concept of corporate governance and outline the various measures adopted in India to ensure good corporate governance.
7. Make a critical assessment of New Economic Policy keeping in view the long term objectives of economic development.
8. (a) What are the objectives of EXIM policy 2002 – 07? Explain its main provisions.
(b) Write an explanatory note on functions and coverage of WTO.
9. Distinguish between the following:
(a) Micro Environment and Macro Environment
(b) Economic Growth and Economic Development
(c) Money Market and Capital Market
(d) Entrepreneurship, Role and Promotional Role of Government